Freitag, Dezember 17, 2010

Yahoo, how could you take away my delicious?

Today is one of the saddest days in my "internet life" for a long time. Delicious.com - formerly del.icio.us - one of the greatest services in the web, and something I'm using every single day for over 7 years now (I was an early adopter of del.icio.us), is being discontinued by Yahoo.

Why will I miss delicious?
  1. It let me access my bookmarks from any computer, and from my mobile phone
  2. It had a beautiful integration into Firefox - once I was using the delicious plugin, I never looked back to my ancient browser bookmarks.
  3. The way it recommended tags, let me select some and add others, was implemented so perfect.
  4. I could have a tag "toolbar" or so, and list all bookmarks tagged with this tag in the delicious bar for fast access. This was incredibly convenient.
  5. It had a great tag-based search.
  6. It was free (which probably was its problem).
  7. It worked, for me, for seven whole years without ever crashing, losing a bookmark.
Bye, delicious. I'll miss you.

Oh yes, and Yahoo!, rest assured that the day you'll close down delicious.com is the day I'll close down my Yahoo! account (even if this includes my flickr account). And I hope many others do the same.

Keine Kommentare: